Thursday, June 11, 2015

JUNE 7 1845 - WAS IT ALE? OR WAS IT NOT?

I had somehow found my way home, at least I awoke in the kitchen of my home, seemingly slumped across the kitchen table for the night.
My memory of yesterday was very vivid, I recalled a walk along the sea front as well as events of others in slow motion all day long. I did not recall drinking Ale in the local pub, though spillage on my clothing suggests it was Ale. So my confusion is, what really did happen yesterday.
I decided to return to sea front, to retrace my steps, something had to add up. This is all very confusing.
After a quick wash and a change of clothing, I headed towards the headland, to the sea front.
It was when I arrived that I was now fully convinced, this was exactly where I was yesterday. I then gave careful thought to my actions, that was difficult to do, as that Ale last night must have been the landlords strongest brew, 'Captains Ale', I only ever have a head like this after a pint of Captains.
As I pondered my actions that day, I kept recalling something that made no sense at all, a mesmerizing image filled my thoughts, now please do not laugh, my thoughts are of a huge object like an upturned washing bowl. I seem to recall seeing it descend from the sky and come to rest some thirty feet ahead of where I stand. It's size was bigger than that of my cottage, maybe two in size. This recollection is ridiculous, surely I must have been drinking Ale all day long to imagine such a thing.
As I ponder on this strange thought, it becomes clearer, I recall seeing two strange people come from within the huge bowl like object, the emerged from the rear of it, I am sure some stairway was there, at least something extended from it there.
I think they spoke to me, but whatever was said is not recalled. I recall the sounds about me appeared to drone, as if groaning. These people gave me something, a small object like a silver snuff box, square in shape.
I remembered putting it in my jacket pocket, after that what went on I am unsure. At least I recall a voice telling me it was late and to head home.
 I shall sit here and ponder longer over this matter. Now I have an urgent need to go home and look in my jacket pocket.
Let me rest for a short while, I shall keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment